Family Reunions – Creating Gifts of Love to Last (Many) Lifetimes
Family Reunions are a great time for portraits. The following are a few tips so you can get the most out of your photography experience, have a good time and have gorgeous portraits to last forever.
1. Communication – Let everyone who is going to be in the photograph know that you are planning to take a family portrait and what are the expectations: timing, what to wear, and other important details. Send them this link, if that makes it easier.
2. Choose your clothes carefully – What is the look and feel you want to achieve in your portrait? Soft and elegant, spunky and fun, warm and elegant. Choose 2 or 3 colors from the same color family then add a pop of color. Solid colors are generally best and avoid clothing with large logos or pictures. A few people can have a “pop” of color or a fun plaid, depending on the size of the group. Blending in style and color family creates the most eye catching compositions.
3. Eat, drink and be merry! – Be sure everyone is well hydrated, especially in Colorado. Drink plenty of water and avoid alcohol the day before your session. This way your eyes will sparkle! Also, be sure everyone has had a healthy snack, so the “hangries” don’t set in during your session.
4. Get plenty of sleep the night before and be sure to schedule your session around your childrens’ nap time.
5. Give yourselves plenty of time to get ready. We want your session to be relaxing and fun.
6. Be sure everyone agrees to participate cheerfully. Be thankful for your family and that you are all together. These portraits will be your legacy, and your energy on the day of the shoot will shine through. Choose your attitude with love.
7. Have fun together. Give kisses, tell a few jokes, giggle. No need to prompt everyone to say cheese – this will likely create more stress. If you have an activity you all enjoy together, bring it along. Bubbles, balloons, sidewalk chalk. . . the ideas are endless.
Thank you for checking out my post. Please feel free to leave a comment or give me a call to schedule your session, 970.217.8533 – With So Much Joy and Gratitude, Julie